How Do I Get a Free 501(c)(3)?

Written by True Tamplin, BSc, CEPF®

Reviewed by Editorial Team

Updated on March 05, 2023

Free 501(c)(3)

Unfortunately, there is no option to file form 1023, the application for 501(c)(3) status, for free. The form costs $600, not including the CPA or attorney fee should you elect to use one for assistance.

There is an abbreviated form called 1023-EZ that costs $275 for smaller operations.

How Do I Get a Free 501(c)(3)? FAQs

About the Author

True Tamplin, BSc, CEPF®

True Tamplin is a published author, public speaker, CEO of UpDigital, and founder of Finance Strategists.

True is a Certified Educator in Personal Finance (CEPF®), author of The Handy Financial Ratios Guide, a member of the Society for Advancing Business Editing and Writing, contributes to his financial education site, Finance Strategists, and has spoken to various financial communities such as the CFA Institute, as well as university students like his Alma mater, Biola University, where he received a bachelor of science in business and data analytics.

To learn more about True, visit his personal website, view his author profile on Amazon, or check out his speaker profile on the CFA Institute website.

Find Advisor Near You