Summit, NJ Financial Advisors and Resources
Financial Advisor Firms in Summit, NJ
How Retirement-Friendly is Summit, NJ?
- Population: 21,913
- % of Population 62 Years and Over: 15.2%
- Average Home Value: $929,100
- Average Monthly Housing Cost: $2,562
- Average Household Income: $255,160
- New Jersey Total Tax Burden: 9.98% (6th Highest in U.S.)
- New Jersey Property Tax: 4.94% (3rd Highest in U.S.)
- New Jersey Individual Income Tax: 2.47% (20th Highest in U.S.)
- New Jersey Sales and Excise Tax: 2.57% (8th Lowest in U.S.)
Summit, NJ Financial Advisor FAQs
A financial advisor is responsible for acting on behalf of their clients to acquire, review, or negotiate investment opportunities based on the client's specific objectives.
A financial advisor can help you to allocate your resources in ways that make the most beneficial use of what you've got, and ensure that you're not losing too much money on fees. A competent advisor will also be able to develop a plan with specific goals in mind.
First, make sure to do your research. Most importantly, find out if they are a fiduciary-that means they put your interests first and can't get paid for selling or promoting certain investments.
Financial advisors typically get a percentage of the yearly investment for managing the account, but it's important to be aware that fee structures vary greatly.